Monday 2 May 2011

Update

Hey everyone,

Really sorry that I've not posted in ages I've been really really busy! But I will offer you a quick update now as to everything thats happening:

So a Gap Year I've decided is definately a go go. Plans look amazing and I'm so excited that I know this is an opportunity that I can't pass up. Everything is fitting into place! Apart from the fact that I'm not completely sure if I want to study Medicine at the undergraduate stage yet, but hey no rush to decide, just got a bout two months with exams in the middle. Better focus on exams primarily!
Some of us U6 Medics had to speak to some L6 potential medics, and with all the information that i've acquired and all the things that I've been through and my advice, I had tonnes to say. I think I completely overwhelmed them but hey they need to realise that just because you have great grades and haven't met any disappointments yet doesn't mean that the medical application is going to be an easy journey. I wish I had had that dronned into me last year, and hopefully they will realise how competitive it is and be grateful this time next year. Someone did comment though that maybe I shouldn't have given them all this advice as it just increases my competition if I go for Medicine again next year but hey, gotta help.

Last week was the first few days of my last EVER term at school. Getting really quite scary!! I don't want to leave I love school. Had a few jokes lessons, and its nice to again be able to joke around and be happy and just not worry about the university stresses. That said there does seem to still be this awful disappointed presence in the back of my mind. Though with one teacher and lesson, even though I don't think the teacher takes me seriously at all and thinks I'm an absolute nutcase, it's nice to just feel and be care free whilst I can get away from it and not be anxious and worried.

Besides school and academic institutionalisedness, how can I not comment on the wedding!! (Royal one that is, more on the other wedding later) Felt the Britannia spirit full on, and decided to go into town. Went to Green Park where there were HEAPS of people and then on a royal pub food crawl with some family friends. Favourite one had to be 'The Clarence' pub by Green Park where there was a naked (and well toned) man wearing just a union jack thong. Spirit there was so lively and hilarious! My momma in her usual style left home in the very early hours and was by Pall Mall. She managed to get some great photos and was so near the front to see everyone pass by and the balcony scene. LOVED Wills driving the Aston Martin. Pretty annoyed though as that is what I wanted to happen at my wedding! darn them for stealing it. Sadly we didn't get to go to any proper street party's but went to Royal Wedding parties nevertheless which were equally fun. I also adored Kate's dress, it was so so pretty and beautiful and she looked amazing. As did Pippa.. definately agree that she stole the show. What she wore as the maid of honour - I would totally wear that as a wedding dress! That bridesmaid that pulled a bit of a strop on the balcony was also legendary and so cute. Ooh hated what a lot of the guests were wearing though - what was Beatrice and Eugenie wearing? and Princess Anne? Curtains?

The next day we went to Westminster Abbey to see how it all was. It was so pretty and the trees made the atmopshere and abbey so serene and beautiful. One flower fell and well, I may (or may not) have picked it up. Was told that it was going to go into the bin anyways.

So yeah on other news and the other wedding/engagementnes.. I have SO many weddings to go to this year. Its crazy and naturally half of the weddings and wedding events clash with other events like my Leavers Service and Ball. Grrr. It's also really annoying to try and find a few equally nice and appropriate clothes to wear. Same crowd at a few of them so it's not even as though I can wear the same clothes again to another wedding.

Loving the continued sunshine.. have fully transformed into my summer wardrobe and I love my summer clothes so its been fun. Really annoying having to stay indoors and revise rather than be outside. I do fall asleep though in the sun so maybe its a bit of a good thing.

Ah right I have to quickly go.. sorry for this mahooosive essay but thought I'd fill you in since it's been ages since my last post. I had more to say but I've got to go so I'll post a bit later. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment