Tuesday 19 April 2011

Routine?

I'm beginning to wonder if I am settling into a routine - take ages to get into revision, revise slowly, then wonder for ages about what my prospects are like for the next year then eat, go outside/inside, get distracted and the cycle starts again.

To be honest, I'm really starting to struggle with keeping my mind on revision. All I can think about these days (probably because of revision I'm setting time aside to think) is what on earth is going to happen this year and what can I do about it. Of course I've been telling myself and people have been telling me that it is more important to concentrate on  my exams and get the grades, but really that's quite hard in practice!

Whatsmore I'm getting more and more confused as to whether I want to be doing Medicine or not, or this other course that looks spectacular. One thing I am getting VERY excited about are my travelling plans!! Lots of plans for the India and Nepal trip are being finalised and look absolutely incredible! I can't believe that I may actually make a huge difference to a community and village just by doing some small actions that in this 'western' world would feel effortless. My only worry is that in the very slightest possibility I may get that final offer (on the waiting list right now for new readers) and then this trip would have to be quite short or abandoned all together :( My other worry is also that this looks so awesome and mindblowing that I'll get there, have the most amazing time and then just not want to come back. Or may even come back and then just not want to go to university as I'll have felt that I've experienced the 'real' world and want to just live and work in that.

However, the weather is absolutely delightful! Loving the sun and trying to enjoy it when I can. Lovely picnics with family and friends happening/happened which is always a joyful occasion. I am finding it hard though to get the work/play balance right, hard especially when my work is not going as productive as it had always been! Oh well, hopefully work hard play hard.

Sorry just coming back to plans for the next year, sadly one of the job offers that I had has been withdrawn as the lady I was meant to be replacing for four months has decided to stay on. May still work there but won't be till about this time next year. Have an interview tomorrow though at a medical publishing house which should be quite exciting! Weary about the interview sense of it all as my confidence interview wise is pretty much buried in the ground but apparently it is an informal one to just discuss dates and the work that I'll be doing. Hopefully it will go ok.

So that's me over and out. Off to go watch some Holby City! I love the new Dr Shah on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment