Tuesday 29 March 2011

Aeek so read over my previous posts and I think i'm getting a bit too cheesy. But hopefully now that I've laid out my situation I can offer more readable and interesting posts!

So still no news from that last uni. Grr, but at least some excitement over an email today wasn't lost - Starbucks are giving me a free bag of coffee on Thursday - hooray! On a final medically lost sheep related note, I was interrogated today by lots of potential medics in the year below who were interested in what I had to say. Weird giving them advice from the 'other side of the table' but it kind of felt odd as some of the things that I was telling them I kind of wish I knew before whole application shabang! But also reminded me how much respect I have for the teacher who helps all us potential medics out and just how much effort she put it in to help us all, so at least I feel very assured that if I do need to reapply, i've got a lot of knowledge from this UCAS cycle, and a helpful teacher that can only strengthen my application.

We had a speaker today who was a political journalist. Thought it might not be very interesting but it was suprisingly really informative and made me think. I've never really been interested in politics as a subject, constitutions etc - the attacking nature of MPs and the fact that huge conflicts arise, plus the pompous nature of many of them, but I definately don't want to sit back quietly. Everyone has a voice and I think we should all use it to express our opinion (and not in an aggressive and derogatory way) for a better change. After all we are citizens! (and I am 18 and can vote :D) So from this and a talk on Sunday I'm definately spurred on to help make a good change. He did also teach us how much your life could be exposed to the public eye. Kinda relates to medicine too. Doctors that aren't happy with a way that a hospital is working should speak up so that it can be changed for the better. I also think we should have more Baronness Doctors in the House of Lords (if that is possible), maybe then, many of the health reforms may have happened differently.

Ah what a ramble. Not much to contribute today but maybe, JUST maybe I'll be able to post some news about that final university that I'm waiting on tomorrow. Also for you that are from The Student Room, feel free to comment with feedback or show how you are feeling if you are in a similar situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment